Mid-level .Net Developer (Centurion, South Africa)
What we do
RattleHub Digital is a fin-tech company with its holding company based at Communitech in Kitchener-Waterloo, Canada. We have an operating subsidiary in Pretoria, South Africa where we originally started our journey. We are a MaRS backed venture and also a member of the Communitech Strategic Growth program. Our team of 12 are passionate and motivated to execute our purpose of enabling people to look after their next generations.
At RattleHub, we develop tools that help our customers manage their client’s personal data better. We believe in a world where data will flow seamlessly and securely between businesses and individuals to give effect to transactions.
We are looking for an experienced .Net developer to join our awesome team responsible for our core Azure and .Net technology stack.
You will:• Report to the CTO.
• Work with an experienced development team.
• Identify bugs in the code base and be responsible for understanding, communicating and rectifying the code.
• Be part of the architecture and design team working on existing and new capabilities.
• Learn to design, build and maintain secure, efficient, reusable and reliable code.
• Help maintain code quality.
• Assist the core development team in building highly secure data infrastructure capabilities.
You have:• You have logical thinking, ability to effectively communicate with teammates and customers, strong refactoring skills and constant drive to follow the fast pace of change.
• You have 5+ years’ experience with C# .Net, SQL Server, REST API’s and cloud solutions.
• .Net Core experience will be beneficial.
• You have a strong fundamental knowledge of building secure cloud applications with at least 3+ year of experience building scalable, secure web API’s.
• You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex concepts to designers, support, and other Engineers is easy for you.
• You are able to design and develop wireframes or prototypes based on requirements and validate the design with users.
• You possess strong software engineering knowledge in areas such as data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
• Strong collaborative problem solving skills.
What you can expect to do• As part of the development team you will be involved with our complete development life-cycle from component conception and design all the way through to releasing the final component as part of the permyssion eco-system.
• You will be working with and learning from our Lead Developer, a 10-year developer veteran, who has a wealth of knowledge architecting and building enterprise, scalable, secure platforms, cutting-edge software components all built around personal information and the security and privacy thereof.
• You will form part of both the core platform development team.
• Your primary focus will be to assist the lead developer with the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from components and front-end applications.
• You understand C#, .Net, MS SQL Server, MS Azure and secure API architecture.
• You are known for your love of solving problems and achieving targets. And when you are not working you are staying curious, building your knowledge and honing your craft.
We offer:• Real purpose - you will wake up each day knowing you are positively contributing to someone’s life today!
• Small and incredibly talented team.
• Competitive salary based on experience.
• An opportunity to participate in discretionary share incentive scheme.
• Flexible working hours.
• An ongoing learning experience.
• An opportunity to be part of a Canadian fin-tech with international growth aspirations.
Working at RattleHub
• RattleHub values passion, integrity, respect, creativity, tenacity, and collaboration.
• Each of our team members have a voice!
• We encourage each other to try out new ideas and adopt the ones that work.
• We deeply value supporting a flexible work/life balance.
• We are an emerging company and our culture is a combination of what we individually and collectively value!
Email your resume, examples of your previous work and a short video telling us about yourself, why you’d be great and why you want the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes sent with a video will receive preferential consideration.